In celebration of Earth Day make these beads from paper you would normally throw away or recycle.
A variety of paper (magazines, comics, wrapping paper, etc.)
1. Cut strips of paper measuring about 4 inches long. The width may vary from 1/2 – 1 inch depending on the size of bead you want.
2. Wrap the strip of paper snug around a pencil.
3. Glue the end of the bead.
4. Slide the bead off the pencil.
5. Make enough beads for a necklace or bracelet and string them with yarn. MATH CONNECTION: measuring & creating patterns.