Star Pastry Treat
You will need:
2 sheets of ready-rolled puff pastry
1/3 C jam (any flavor)
1 C whipped cream
Large star cookie cutter
Non-stick baking paper
Preheat the oven to 350°
1. Cut stars from the pastry, using a large star cookie cutter. If you do not have a cookie cutter make a star pattern from cardboard and trace using a butter knife.
2. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
3. Place the pastry stars on the baking tray and prick them all over with a fork.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the stars are puffed and golden. Let cool.
5. Slice the stars in half horizontally and spread the bottom halves with jam and cream.
6. Put the tops back on and sandwich together. Dust with confectioner sugar and colored sprinkles.
Makes about 14 stars.