Category — Mother’s Day
This is a great gift for your child to give someone special or a way to preserve a memory. Just recycle an old frame with paint and cute designs. You can also us tongue depressors to form a frame. Just paint, glue together and add a message or design. Use a ribbon or string for hanging. These frames are easy and fun and I know any grandparent or parent would be thrilled to receive one as a gift.
May 3, 2013 1 Comment
These wind chimes are easy to make and would be a great gift for Mother’s Day or any occasion.
various sizes of lids (soup, vegetables, fruit, etc.)
dowel (about 6-8 inches long)
1. When you open the cans to get the lids make sure to use a can opener that doesn’t leave sharp edges. Clean the lids.
2. Using the hammer and nail make a hole in each lid. Make sure to pound the back down flat so there are no cut fingers.
3. Paint each lid front & back. When dry decorate.
4. Attach a string to each lid where you made the hole and then attach to the dowel. You’ll want them to be close enough together so they chime when the wind blows.
5. Attach a string to the dowel and hang.
May 2, 2013 1 Comment
Wouldn’t this be a fun way to present a Mother’s Day gift. You could fill it with potting plants, lotions & soap or towels. All you need is a basket and some ribbon or fabric strips. Aimee at HomeSpun Threads shows you how you can take a plain basket and embellish it to create something special.
Get step by step instructions.
May 1, 2013 2 Comments
This would be a great Mother’s Day gift, teacher gift , or a “thank you” to someone special. Just trace & cut-out your handprint, write a short note them glue or tape around a tube of lotion.
April 30, 2013 1 Comment